1) Service Canada 1-800-O-Canada
Toll Free 1-800-622-6232
Powell River’s Service Canada Centre’s hours of service have changed as of April 6th, 2015.
Tues-Friday 8:30-4:00pm. Closed from 11:30-12:30. They are located at 7061 Duncan Street Suite A.
2) Health Canada/Public Health
General Inquiries: 604-666-2083
3) Passport Program
Forms are available at passport offices, Service Canada offices, and Canada Post outlets.
Online option also available at http://www.pptc.gc.ca
Toll free: 1-800-567-6868
4) Social Insurance Numbers
Toll Free 1-800-206-7218
5) Canada Pension Plan/Old Age Security
Toll Free 1-800-277-4786
6) Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Toll Free 1-888-242-2100
Provincial: Many of these programs and phone numbers can be found by going to: http://www.gov.bc.ca here are a few commonly searched contacts.
1) Addictions/Alcohol and Drug Information and Referral Services
Call No Charge 1-800-663-1441
2) Battered Women Information
Call No Charge 1-800-563-0808
3) Court Services
6953 Alberni St.
4) Criminal Justice/Crown Counsel
6953 Alberni St.
5) Employment and Income Assistance
Call No Charge 1-800-866-0800
6944 Alberni Street.
6) Family Maintenance Enforcement Program
Call No Charge 1-800-663-3455
7) Health and Seniors Line
Call No Charge 1-800-465-4911
8) Residential Tenancy Branch
Toll Free: 1-800-661-4886
9) Medical Services Plan
Toll Free 1-800-663-7100
10) Tenant Landlord Information
11) ICBC-Insurance and Driver’s tests and licensing. If you are just learning to drive, try this practice test a few times before going in.
Municipal Government Contacts:
1) City Hall
6291 Duncan Street
3) Powell River District Library
4411 Michigan (same building as court house though)
4) Powell River Recreation Complex
5001 Joyce Avenue
5) Powell River Transit
604-485-4287 (see schedule link below)
Powell River Regional District